This week we bring you a list of activities you can do during these days we are staying at home. We hope you enjoy it! ?
1. Learn a new language
Learning a language is a great way to get to know a new culture and connect with new people. Take advantage of this time during quarantine to expand your horizons by learning a language with free programs such as Duolingo and LingQ.
2. Have fun with a family game night
It’s never a bad time for a family game night filled with fun. You can choose any game you like, from chess to Monopoly. One of our favorite games is called “Papelito”, click here to find out how it works (don’t forget to right-click to translate the page to English).
Today, you can also take care of the planet even if you are staying at home. Here, we leave you two different ideas on how this can be done:
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
4. Take a virtual tour of a museum
Are you an art fanatic? If the answer is yes, it’s your lucky day, as you can now visit some of the world’s most famous museums online.
Here is a list of some of the museums you can visit:
Don’t forget to right-click to translate the page to English.
- The Louvre Museum in Paris, which has world-famous works of art such as the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. Click here to take a virtual tour of the Louvre.
- The Museo del Prado will allow you to contemplate the works of great artists like Goya. Click here to take a virtual tour of Museo del Prado.
- The Museo de Arte de Lima (MALI) also has a virtual collection to contemplate from home. Click here to take a look at the virtual collection of MALI.
- The Uffizi Galleries in Florence, Italy not only has a virtual collection but also narrated stories. Click here to visit.
5. Try a new recipe
This is the perfect opportunity for you to test your culinary skills and try out a recipe you’ve always wanted to try. You will be the one to decide if you wish to prepare a simple recipe like Sofía’s Alfajores or if you want to prepare something a bit more elaborate.
6. Tidy up your room or working space
Sorting out our spaces might sound like a tedious task, but once we do this, the feeling is truly satisfying. If you choose to do this activity, you can try Marie Kondo’s famous method. You will not only learn how to organize your house but also your life. Click here to learn more about her method.
7. Take FREE courses from the world’s top universities
edX is a platform that gives people free access to a wide variety of university courses. You can find courses from universities such as Harvard University and a wide variety of topics ranging from an introduction to computer science to 18th-century opera. Click here to learn more about the available courses.
8. Read a book
Reading is a fantastic way of transporting yourself to new worlds without having to travel. If you’re looking for something new to read, you can explore the selection of free books in the Kindle app, or you can learn about the adventures of Catalina and Sofía by clicking here.