Catch all your dreams this 2020! Get inspired with these ideas on how to make your own dreamcatcher.
~ Wooden embroidery hoop
~ Washi tape
~ A piece of felt
~ Polyester bat (very small quantity)
~ Needle and thread
~ Wooden beads
~ Pom-poms (optional)
~ Paper pinwheels
~ Wire to hang your dreamcatcher
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Cover the embroidery hoop with small pieces of washi tape. You can tear the tape or use small scissors to cut it. Anything works!
- Then, choose two colored threads and wrap them around the hoop. Make sure that they are held tightly. You can also use a hot glue gun to stick the threads if necessary.
- Draw a heart in a piece of paper and use it as a template to then make one using the felt. It must be about 3.5” wide.
- Pass some thread through the needle and tie a knot. This way, the thread will never fall from the needle.
- Sew the felt heart but leave a small opening to put in the filling.
- Make the paper windmills. You will need four pieces of paper to make one. My paper size was 3 x 4 cm. Paint them with watercolors. Let dry and then punch a hole in the top.
- Then, make two pom-poms.
- Cut four pieces of string; one for each pom-pom, one for the windmill and another one for the felt heart. If you would like, you can also hang some beads or buttons from some of the strings.
- I then tied them to the hoop at different lengths. Using the wire, I made a hook at the top of the dreamcatcher (which I secured using a hot glue gun).
Done! Your dreamcatcher is ready to be hanged and trap those bad dreams!