This delicious recipe is gluten-free and vegan! (if you use dairy-free chocolate)
Serving size: 16 bars
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce (this is the egg replacement)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Coconut oil to grease baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a square baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and then mix each ingredient in the order listed.
- Pour the mixture into the square pan and bake for 27 minutes.
- Then, let it cool for over 1 hour. After that, leave it in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour (it will be easier to cut).
That’s it! Now you have some delicious oatmeal bars that are the perfect snack 🙂
(This recipe is an adaptation from Sally’s Baking Addiction’s recipe)