Homemade Granola: Why?
You’ll love this homemade granola! While it is true that we can buy different types of granola in stores, we also have the option of preparing our granola at home. Making it ourselves will allow us to include the ingredients of our choice and control the quality of the ingredients. In addition, the good thing is that once we have prepared it, we can store it in a glass container and consume it in many different ways.
This delicious and nutritious snack or breakfast goes well on smoothies, shakes, ice cream, or with different types of classic yogurt. Granola also goes well with any milk you may like. Try it with almond milk, coconut milk, or, if you prefer, cow’s milk.
Homemade Granola: How to make it?
Below, we provide you with the ingredients and the preparation procedure. Feel free to include the nuts and honey that are within your reach and that you like best.
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (almonds, pistachios, walnuts, etc.)
One egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
1/3 cup agave honey
1/3 cup bee honey
1/3 cup yacon honey
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup dried raisins or cranberries
This recipe yields about 12 servings.
1. Once you have gathered all the ingredients, preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. While the oven is heating up, mix all the ingredients in a bowl: Reserve the raisins and dried cranberries for later. Please do not include them at this time.
3. After mixing all the ingredients, spread the mixture on a baking sheet.
4. When the oven has reached the desired temperature, bake the granola mixture for 40 minutes. Stir the granola every 10 minutes while it bakes until it is golden/brown.
Once browned, remove the granola from the oven and wait for it to cool.
5. Add the raisins or dried cranberries.
That’s it! Now you have a delicious granola to eat with everything 🙂
We adapted this granola recipe from Bon Appetit’s recipe: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/a-better-granola
You can click on the image to learn more about this publication.
If you enjoyed this recipe we invite you to try these:
How to make healthy banana-carrot cupcakes